I'll try not to let this blog turn into one that tracks the success of my class blog, but I am SO excited!
I told all the children about it today, showed it to them and sent an explanation home to the parents, with the url. Tonight, I've checked it out and THREE children have commented or completed the task. WOW!
10 comments:
so what's the url for the blog or is just for the school?
it's
rapsthree@blogspot.com
this one is just for the year 3 children. Our aim is that eventually we will have one for each year group, then school council and, well, the possibilities are endless. Maybe I'll have a Peace Week blog too!
well done - it's brilliant. I've got a couple of teachers on my facebook so I shall give them the link. Judyx
Thank you!
Todau I have put on three posts - I am determined to get the hooked!
Hey, I think it's a cool idea and have just got switched on - durrrr! Could it work for the Division do you think? I'd have to market it wisely, but when I saw the words Student Council, it reminded me of my Kids Advisory Board Challenge.
I don't see why not. The huge advantage of Blogger is that you can moderate the comments, so although you can't change what the children have written, you can decide whether to post the comments or not.
At the moment, I am asking very specific questions while the children get used to it, so it's pretty relevent to where they are at.
At the moment, everything we do, I am thinking 'How can I get the blog into this?'! But then, that's usually how my private life works too!
I'll mail you some more links from different schools I am aware of for you to check out how others are using them.
I would be well up for helping you set up a Divisional one. Again, like this one (only my year has got one so far), it could just be a starting point, then Corps could have one, but you could carefully lead the introduction of that...pilot at Romford???!!!
Opps, forgot to log out as Miss Watson and log in as Dawn!
Dual personalities. Eventually they just become one!
What a fantastic idea! It's a different way of getting the children's real opinions of what they are doing in school. Brilliant! I think you could do with another few sessions of spaghetti club though!! Bless 'em!
Cool, and thanks Miss!
You think that's bad?! You should have seen them at the beginning!
Post a Comment