I don't do late nights and I don't do early mornings.
Hmmm.
That would be why today at work was very hard work.
Friday night saw the dawning of the first small group night out. We had dinner, then went to the Ceremony of the Keys at the Tower of London. I really enjoyed it and thought the ceremony, although slightly surreal (with a very scary Beefeater) was pretty poignant.
It was great to laugh through the evening with friends. It was quite late when I got in (or should that be early?!), being reminded of such when Sarah commented that she got up on Saturday morning 3 hours after I got in!
Saturday was a pretty 'normal' day, shopping, working etc. Then on Saturday evening I had the pleasure of attending the Havering Young Musician of the Year final. It was great. It brought back an awful lot of memories, hearing the pieces that I, too, had laboured over years ago. Regrets hit too, that for me, my clarinet days are gathering dust.
Sunday brought Solid at Stubbers which despite the damp, drizzly weather, saw us laughing throughout the day. It was good to spend time with the childen, though it's hard with the thought in your head all the time that says: 'if that was me, I would be doing it this way.....'
House group brought some interesting discussions on Monday night. It was really good and set me off in bloggage mode. I'll catch up with that at some point!
No comments:
Post a Comment