Tuesday, 29 July 2008

Wow. What a week!

It's a week to the day now, that my maiden voyage of aloneness began and what can I say, other than "I survived"!

I had a manic few days, cleaning, sorting, organising, doing all those things I mean to do, but term time rarely allows (or is it that I'm lazy?!)

Three consecutive evenings brought friends, food, conversation, laughter and much more.

Then saw the arrival of my family! Having Samuel in my house was just lovely - something I have waited a long time for. We had a great couple of days together, Aunty Dawn revelled in every moment!

I travelled back with Nic and Alan and so as well as being phone-less, I am also car-less. This is certainly a holiday of, well, limitations or liberations, I've not quite decided which!

I'm just about surviving not having my phone, but it's created a few challenges, like trying to contact Sarah in Florida and fixing arrangements to meet up with Uni friends. Fortunately I do have some numbers saved on my laptop, just in case I ever lose my phone - good job I remembered to bring that with me!

As an honorary member for the evening, tonight I shared in a meal with the Eston Corps house group for their Summer night out. Felt like a bit of a traitor!

Who knows what tomorrow'll bring. It's the holiday and I'm taking it all as it comes.

2 comments:

Liz said...

ah, but it wasn't the Tower was it?

Dawn said...

I know! I stupidly said that it was my second house group night out, not wanting to say we went to the Tower (didn't want to come across as, what's the word? superior/showing off?) but they asked what we did and I couldn't lie!