Saturday, 31 May 2008

Road Trip


I have all my best thinking times on my journeys North and South. Yesterday's journey was no different.

At Roots I was introduced to 'Peace Week', an event that began six years ago in Haringey. It was launched as a response to local community safety concerns and aims to engage people in creating a more cohesive society and celebrating rich diversity, with the goal of promoting justice, equality and respect.
Events across London Boroughs in the past have included peace walks, peace concerts, prayer walks around crime hotspots, school peace assemblies, sports events, faith and community based action.
Peace Weeks are now happening all over the country. The 2008 Theme for London Peace Week, 14 - 21 September 2008 , is
'D.R.E.AM.S. – Developing Real Examples And Mentors’
I found out last week that this is quite a 'big' event in Barking and Dagenham - so 'big', that in the four years I've worked there, I've not heard of it! So, I'm making it my mission to make sure people I have contact with, hear about it this year.
Richard Alibon, watch out...we are going to D.R.E.A.M.

No comments: