It's been a long week. I woke up this morning, thinking it was Friday - not nice when it's actually Thursday!
KAO was good. In fact, probably the best so far. I was nervous about the group I would be spending the weekend with, but we built up quite a good relationship and even the most difficult child was pretty likeable!
The food was fab, the team gelled (is that even a word?!) well and the showers were hot...too hot! (and a huge plus - electrical sockets for hairdryers and straigtheners!)
I have just about caught up on my sleep, but the bruises are still prominent and painful. I took to wearing long trousers today to stop people asking what?, why?, when?, how? etc etc.
What will I remember from KAO this year?
- Reluctance to sing the camp song on Friday night compared to the extreme worship version by the time to got to Sunday (I'm talking about me and the children!)
- Mountain boarding, standing up (it's only taken three years to get me to the standing position!)
- Karen mountain boarding.
- Watching my team succeed in the team challenge.
- Waking up on Sunday morning having slept.
- 'Inside out' Sunday.
During the tiredness, it's hard to see sometimes why I want to do it. But needless to say, I'm already thinking about next year!
1 comment:
Me too - how wierd!
Post a Comment