Friday, 21 November 2008

Resorting to coffee and cake.

My closing sentences on the phone tonight..."I'll speak to you soon. I need to eat cake."
These last few weeks have flown by, and I've floated along with it, doing what needs to be done. At times I've lost it a little; a few unreasonable tears have been shed when it's all got a bit much and I've got worked up about stuff that I should've just let go.
But this week. This week topped them all.
A completely unreasonable act of verbal diarrhea on my part left someone I love, upset and frustrated. It wasn't intentional, but it happened. In the aggrevation and frustration of everything else I knocked the 'thing' that is holding me up.
It wasn't a nice feeling. Apologies have been made and life has moved on, but it's made me realise that subconciously, things really are getting to me and in the situation of not having a "venting" mechanism, I'm blowing a gasket in seemingly ridiculous situations.
I'm not 100% sure what I can do about it. I've decided on one small step of action that I take which may help in the relaxing stakes....but in the meantime, I'll just eat cake!

2 comments:

Liz said...

Eating cake IS absolutley the best was forward. I find when eating cake,that I can't talk anyway,so everyone wins!

Maybe we can buy a Venting Mechanism at Lakeside - I'll bet Fiona will know where to get one!

Dawn said...

I think it's called a punch, thought actually, think I'll save the cash and get a personal assistant...that'd be much more helpful right now!