So this morning, Nic was supposed to be coming over to Mam and Dad's, so we could go the last ever Eston Salvation Army Coffee morning in their current building.
A phone call later and Mum's on her way to pick up Nic and Samuel because Nic's car has got a flat tyre (a second one, I'm sure she'll fill us in about the first!, yes that 3 altogether in our family, this week!)
This afternoon, we plan to go and fly my kite - my family have not experienced the 'Sting' yet. We all get ready, it starts to rain. We head for the beach regardless and by the time we get there, the rain has stopped.
I fly. They watch. Then we swap. Nic holding the strings, Dad closely supporting, me ready to alunch kite, Mum and Samuel looking at the sea.
Kite hits the ground. I run to pick it up. Nic and Dad laughing. I turn around, Mum and Sam no where to be seen....oh, they're lying in the sea. Scream at Nic and Dad. Nic stuck with kite velcroed around her wrists freaking out, Dad, baywatch-style (not!) rescue in action. Nic released. I hold down kite (in pretty windy weather!)
They were both fine (eventually!). Walking back, away from the sea, a freak wave had swipped them off their feet. Both shaken, Samuel scooped up, competely drowned, Mum pretty wet too.
Both shivering, 'Priority Sam' undressed and wrapped in Dawn's jumper, hat and a blanket. Drive to promenade, Me and Mum entertain and warm up baby boy, Dad and Nic raid Marks & Spencer and Adams for new (dry!) clothes.
Samuel and Grandma transformed in car into warm, dry, new clothes.
All completely bewildered.
It's never a dull moment with The Watsons!
4 comments:
" Dad and Nic raid Marks & Spencer and Adams for new (dry!) clothes"
Did they pay for them?
I was shivering by the end of your tale!! brrrr pleased though that other than shock and wet clothes everyone is alright.
Fiona, I wasn't there! You'd have to ask them! I was trying to warm a shivering baby!
Forgot to ask....how was the kite after it hit the ground? hope it's still in one piece!
Post a Comment