9am - call company to arrange an appointment. Call centre person:
"Would you like an advice appointment or a non-advice appointment?"
Me:
"What's the difference?"
CCP:
"The first, we'll give you the information and some advice, the second, we'll give you the same information without the advice."
Me:
"O....kaaaay. Let's go for the first option."
CCP:
"I'm sorry, we don't have any of those available. Shall I try another branch?"
Me:
"That would be great, thank you."
CCP:
"I'm sorry, there are no appointments available anywhere nearby."
Me:
"That's a shame. What about if I don't want any advice?"
CCP:
"Let me try those branches again.......no, sorry, they're all gone too."
Me:
"Are there any appointments available at my local branch without advice?"
I think you can guess the answer if haven't lost the will to live!
9.30am - call another company to arrange an appointment.
Appointment arranged for 1pm. Arrange with Mum to be on hand to babysit Samuel at 3pm, just in case I'm not back.
9.45am - leave to go to Nic's
but first realise my car is in the garage and the process of getting it out is going to make me late.
10.05am - arrive at Nic's
somehow, caught up time(!)
10.10 - Sam refusing to put his toys away
10.20 - Finally get into car
but not before Samuel insists on getting into my car, rather than Nic's. He loses (for the time being!)
10.30 - Drive out of Close
Red light on dash board comes up stating 'STOP'
10.31 - Nic rings Alan
Alan: "Drive home and take Dawn's car"
10.35 - Transfer swimming gear, Samuel's car seat and Samuel from Nic's car to Dawn's.
10.40 - Nic rings pool to check what time it closes
10.40:30 - Decide to give up on swimming because it finishes at 11am.
10.40:50 - Carry on to alternative: 'SoftPlay'
11.30 - Get back to Nic's, have shower.
Previously planned swimming = no hair wash. Appointment planned = need for hair wash.
11.50am -call Dad to check he's coming with me. No answer.
12.05am -call Dad to check he's coming with me. No answer.
12.20am -call Dad to check he's coming with me. No answer.
12.30pm -Dad calls. On way.
Ask if Nic can drive Mam's car to hairdressers as she's not able to take hers.
12.33pm Mam calls. Can I meet them in a layby to save her dropping Dad off at Nic's as it'll save time.
Get to layby. Layby full. Find somewhere else. Ring Mum and Dad to inform of new location.
12.45pm - Dad transfers into my car.
12.59pm - drive around multi storey car park....serious lack of spaces, one minute before should be at appointment.
1pm - Dad jumps out of car to get ticket, I realise car isn't moving properly.
1.02pm - Puncture spotted and abandoned. Two minutes late for appointment.
1.55pm - About to leave appointment, when nice lady suggests I speak to a co-worker about another aspect of business.
2.10pm - taken to another office for another meeting.
Impromptu!
2.30pm - leave branch.
Hit Marks and Spencer for lunch
2.40pm - return to car.
Puncture still there (!), Dad does a FAB impression of an AA man. I do a FAB impression of a fully supportive female driver.
3pm - Drive to KwickFit
Puncture repaired.
3.45pm - Arrive back at Nicola's
Have well deserved cup of tea. Relay story of puncture to Mam!
What exactly did we achieve today?
6 comments:
..a great anecdote for a blog? :)
Here, here!
Thanks for your support, Girls!
yep, and it's on those days the little grey cells go into overdrive!! and you realize how fortunate we are to have family and friends..
And, then Thursday happened.....are you going to blog this or shall I?
Both!
Post a Comment