
We made a pact that we wouldn't cry.
Ha!
We were full to the brim and simply couldn't take anymore.
Yet, at the same time, empty.
What I didn't anticipate was the opening speaker of the weekend, ripping off his tie, throwing off his tunic, jumping around and shouting, insisting we become like children to truly experience God.
'Another day in the snow' rang through my head as the tears streamed down my face.
I didn't anticipate being presented with the promise made by parents at their child's dedication service and being asked to read it as a commitment to my ministry. God was so real at that moment, as was the Service ahead.
'Another day in the snow' for the children I disciple, rang through my head as the tears streamed down my face.
I didn't anticipate the dvd we were shown, bringing forward children and teenagers with a need to be discipled stating their simple fact "You're losing me". A simple fact with a loaded response, dreaming of 'Another day in the snow' as the tears streamed down my face.
I didn't anticipate God speaking to me as I drove down the A12, on the final leg of my journey home.
I didn't anticipate God speaking directly into my life through an unknown person.
I didn't anticipate the promise He made to me more than 5 years ago would hit me like a bolt once again.
I didn't anticipate that in one of the worst half terms of my life, I would experience 'Another day in the snow' like I have this week.
1 comment:
God reveals Himself to us at the times we least expect it. He knows exactly what we need and when.
Keep on believing...
Post a Comment