Wednesday, 8 October 2008

Inbox

Over the past few days I have been sorting out my inbox to make sure I don't lose anything important in the closing stages of my disastrous email account.

I happened upon three emails that were hidden away in a folder, filed away for....well, not deletable.

One entitled "This is a load of BLAH!" is a personal favourite, sent to me on the 5th October 2004.

The other, sent on 13th April 2005 simply titled "Dear Dawn."

It's strange reading through them, trying to recall what instigated them, reading between the lines. Four years is a long time, I was still a relative newcomer to the place they call 'The South', yet what I read in those emails is still so relevant today.

It struck me that maybe I haven't moved on. Maybe I'm a constant pain in the neck! or maybe that there's still people who care and there's a reason they've been sitting dormant, for a time such as this.

Only I know who sent them. Only I know which emails were filed. Only I know how much those words meant at the time and still mean today.

You don't know who you are. But thank you.....

3 comments:

Mr Hall said...

Surely, the person/people who sent the emails do know who they are. Whether they can remember that far back is another matter.

Dawn said...

And they may not even be bloggers!

Mr Hall said...

I did write that and then deleted it.