Monday.
Playground duty.
The most exciting it gets is when blood is drawn, other than that it's the usual children falling out and falling over.
Today, one of the usual suspects meandered towards me. I thought about hiding, but it was too late.
Expecting the "Miiiiiiiss, ******** just kicked/punched/swore/pinched/ripped/shouted" etc etc, I prepared myself and set up a couple of comments that would entertain me and passify the victim all at the same time.
(see picture to the right!)
Screams of "IT'S A RAT" soon got the troops rioting towards me, as I, trying to remain my cool, calm, collected self, attempted to usher the boy away from the playground, lying, "Stop fussing, it's only a mouse, it really isn't that exciting". (Put on teacher voice for full effect!)
Well, it's cetainly the most exciting thing that's happen on my watch.
"Miiiiiiss, is it dead?" was the question I wasn't willing to get close enough to answer. Bless him. I'm still quaking in my boots!

17 comments:
I would be really scared if you were my teacher. You don't sound a bit like Miss Eliazer. She was my first teacher ever, and she was lovely. I'm sure she didn't get personal kicks from being harsh and cruel to the poor little children she was trusted to take good care of. Mind you, nowadays she probably wouldn't be allowed to take children into the stock cupboard to kiss them goodbye when they leave the school. How times have changed! Ay
Oh my goodness!
Reason 136 why I shouldn't go back to work!
I hope you made him wash his hands!!!!!!
Aaaarrrrrggggghhhhh!
We bleached them. Is that wrong?!
Another child yesterday snorted as he walked down the corridor, I said "If you're ready to join the farm, I won't expect to see you tomorrow." He soon stopped.
Keith, I assume you don't approve of that either???!!!
If I guive up on sarcasm, there'd be nothing left to say!
Computer says no!
I still remember that stock cupboard. Not suggesting you do that, at all.
Your kids though probably get the police stop 'n searching on theior way home from school every night, they don't need it from you too!
Maybe they'll be talking about you in 41 years time. Imagine that!
Keep up the good work!
:-)
searched. stop 'n searched. Not searching. doh
Should have spent less time in the stock cupboard and more time in lessons and then the grammer would have been better!
Hee hee.
Your comments have made me chuckle!
It's all falling into place now....!
What? My claustraphobia? Fear of old ladies or that school teachers intimidate me?
All of it Mr Hall, all of it!!!!
I am however a little disturbed that your first ever teacher might have taken children into the stock cupboard to kiss them goodbye!!!
Am I the only one?!?!?
Well it was back in the day before YOU KNOW WHAT! Mind you,some teachers might say that it hasn't changed THAT much?!
Yes Keith - ALL OF IT!
X
Fiona - to put your mind at rest it didn't happen every day. It was only when I left the school to move to another one.
That's alright then!!
HELLO!!! Have I entered a parallel universe?
That she did it at all is worrying. That she had to do it in a stock cupboard - disturbing.
What was in the stock cupboard? (and don't say stock!)
Ah ahh! So that's why you were the stationary clerk at all of the Lloyds Bank Branches you worked at - an afinity with stock cupboards. More pieces falling together.....and me falling apart! :)
Wish I hadn't said anything now.
I was trying to make the point that Dawn is a scary teacher and poor Miss Eliazer has taken a battering!
I'm more than happy with that!
Do you have a key for any of the new storage rooms at the hall?
I'm not telling you where I've put our key?! (Though at least we'd know where to find you?!)
It could be like a version of Cluedo - Mrs T in the Storage cupboard of the Mumford Room!!!
Post a Comment