Saturday, 4 October 2008

All safe and sound

It was pretty early when I was picked up this morning, though I have to say, I wasn't as grumpy as I could have been!
We got to Enfield in record time, so had the opportunity to enjoy the pre-show entertainment, before the training commenced.
Any kind of child protection training is hard going and today was no different. It wasn't hard going in terms of the contribution and participation required, but simply in terms of taking on so much information all at once.
I'm excited about the opportunities it opens up to us, chance to 'formalise' a lot of what we already do within our children's ministry and a reminder of some of the things I should be doing as a leader within our church fellowship.
It was lovely to spend time with people from our team, sharing our ideas and visions for our children and church (and having a good laugh along the way!).
I felt for our Children's Ministry Team Leader who was unable to join the team for the training and missed out on those snippets of conversation - putting the theory into practise, but very excited watching her do what she does best. Liz, we're with you all the way and Ingrid wrote that note from us...not expecting it to be read out!!!

4 comments:

Liz said...

I am loving that pic - let me know where you got it. I really want to stick it up in the office somewhere!

It was hard to refrain from gravitating towards you guys yesterday, but I could see excited eyes and hear bubbly chat ALL day!

Thank you :)

Dawn said...

Yeah, I find it hard not to banter throughout!


pic:
http://www.safeandsoundsquad.com/images/splash.gif

Anonymous said...

look forward to my training in January at Leigh on Sea

Liz said...

Oh Judy, I'm not going to be at that one! Shame :(