dawn.jpl.nasa.gov - track the progress of 'Dawn' as it flies by Mars on its way to Vesta]
www.dawnministries.org - DAWN aims at mobilizing the whole Body of Christ in whole countries in a determined effort to complete the Great Commission by working towards the goal of providing an evangelical congregation for every village and neighborhoods of every class, kind and condition of man in the whole country.
www.dawn-dish.com - Dawn products, dish soap, and dishwashing liquid for tough food cleaning and washing dishes.
www.mydawn.co.uk- DAWN is the hub where dynamic professional & entrepreneurial Asian women connect, engage and explore ideas and opportunities to expand their horizons.
www.thedawnexperience.co.uk - This is a discussion forum for Prince fans in the uk and worldwide. Latest news, tours, etc.
I've never been a huge fan of my name. I think it's pretty non-descript (though the companies of the above links didn't seem to think so!)
- You can't do anything with it.
- It sounds like it should be spelt differently.
- People where I live pronounce it differently to where I was born (and how I would therefore say it!) and so frequently get it wrong 'Don?' 'Dom?', resulting in me spelling it out.
I can't help thinking that your name and how it's interpreted by different people gives you/ reflects your personality, yet to a certain extent, you have no control over that.
It's only in recent years that my name has been given any level of what I would call 'personality'.
There are people at work call me 'Dawnie' all the time (though my family have been known to call me it when I was younger and I was ill or grumpy!) and there's a family that call me 'Watson'.
I think I like it! It strikes a familiarity, a 'comfortable-with-each-other'-ness, an 'I think this name reflects you'-ness.
I'm sure there are names I've been called that I am not aware of. One I found out about recently, which I'm told isn't meant to be an insult, is 'Miss Honey'. That reflects personality (whether I like it or not)!
I wonder if I turned into a stereotypical 'Dawn'? Did my parents envisage a personality attached to the name? I wonder if I had the chance to choose, what would I change my name to? The possibilities are endless!
I think I'd rather have a number.
4 comments:
DAWN aims at mobilizing the whole Body of Christ in whole countries in a determined effort to complete the Great Commission by working towards the goal of providing an evangelical congregation for every village and neighborhoods of every class, kind and condition of man in the whole country.
WELL that's a great aim - when are you going to get started on that then?
Watson - you think too much!
Your brain needs a holiday too y'know.
BTW - have removed the word association thing on my comments - didn't realise I could change that.
Liz - Funny you should mention that, I've just had a reply to a particular email that means I might be about to get started!
Keith - I know. I'm stuggling to find things to blog about though at the moment! But thanks for removing that word verification thing. I was tempted to add it to here, so you could see how annoying it is!
You have too much time on your hands! get yourself round to my house. I will find you a job
Post a Comment