Thursday, 28 August 2008

What were you doing when....

Thanks to Judy at http://www.judysteapot.viviti.com/ for nominating me for this wee meme.

Five events and the opportunity to record the impact they had on you:

Princess Diana's death - 31 August 1997
I remember Mum waking me up on the morning, with a cup of coffee. It was a Sunday morning. She told me "Princess Diana's dead". When I eventually followed her downstairs, I found Mum and Dad watching the news unfold on the TV. It was made more strange because we never watched the TV on a Sunday morning.

Margaret Thatcher's resignation - 22 November 1990
I was 9 years old when this happened and it completely passed me by!

Attack on the twin towers - 11 September 2001
I was home from Uni for the Summer holiday. I was working at 'Tiny Turners', a private day nursery where I worked for three years during uni holidays. As parents came to pick up their children we were told various stories of bombs, attacks and explosions in America. It wasn't until I got home, spoke to my family and saw the TV reports that I found out exactly what had happened. I couldn't watch the replays of what had happened. Once was enough.

England's World Cup semi final v Germany - 4 July 1990
Again, I was only 9 years old when this event took place and not being a football fan, it too passed me by!

President Kennedy's Assassination - 22 November 1963
President Kennedy? Who was he? 1963? May as well be 1763. I wasn't even a twinkle!

I now nominate:
Nic
Mr Hall
Kirsty

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for joining in Dawn, love Judyx

Richard Alibon said...

Hello