
Today Nic, Sam, Sarah and I went to feed the animals at Stewart Park.
Having fed all there was to feed, we started for the duck pond when the rain started to fall. It would only be a passing shower - we'd had them all day, so we dashed underneath the nearest trees to wait for it to pass.
But pass it did not!
We crept deeper into the trees, so ensure more cover, but as the rain got heavier, there was only one thing to do....make a run for it - easier said than done!
We'd avoided the puddles on the way in but on the way back it just didn't seem to matter anymore. Sam was completely bemused at sitting naked (all but a nappy!) in his car seat while all we could do was take off as many layers as we could without losing [too much of] our dignity (some lost more than others!)
Why is it that the process of getting wet is horrible, but once you are wet, it just doesn't matter anymore?!
4 comments:
Can I just say...I kept all my dignity and drove home with all of my clothes on. Yes, I was wet, but at least my father-in-law didn't get a shock when I got back to the house!
Oh, and my trainers are still drying out!
and I love how everyone has a 'wet' story - some more than others! You were very fortunate being able to hide in a car to get home & dry at least! It is weird tho & have you noticed that everyone accepts the giving up point at about the same time except for one person who will soldier on to try and remain drier whilst everyone else has put useless umbrellas down and laughing it off! - they soon follow our clearly better example to just run!
LOL what fun - my wet story hasn't anything do with the rain but with the Exchange Shopping Mall, Ilford. I slipped and fell bottom first onto a pool of water unfortunately I was wearing fawn trousers - needless to say I leave it to your imagine what I looked like walking back to the car!!
Hah - my newest wet story happened just yesterday - while p-acking the tent down, Joe decided we should play one last game of cricket and while it wasn't raining the ground was still ' in recovery'.Fortunately I had kept some spare clothes out in case anyone got a bit muddy, but as I ran to get the ball I slipped and landed right on my bottom - I might as well have sat in a bath - eugh! Laughed 'til I cried though.
Post a Comment