
Well, for the last two days I have been transforming my classroom from a Year 3 room to a Year 4 room.
It was awful walking into my classroom, everything packed away and walls bear, but with backing paper up and black border abound, it's already looking and feeling like home.
It's been the end of an era, throwing out resources that I created as a student and have used ever since, but sometimes we have to admit defeat and after a lot of printing, cutting and laminating until bed time, the new shiny resources are ready to go up tomorrow.
The class of children I am getting, I have already taught, when they were in Year 1. It's going to be strange getting them back, I really have to get my head round treating them as though I don't know them rather than relying on old judgements. I'm looking forward to seeing (and hoping to see) changes within specific children with regards to their attitude and behaviour, but more than that, I really can't wait to see, first hand, how they have developed in their learning.
I've got a newly qualified teacher (NQT) in the parallel class to mine so with a new year group for me too, it's not going to be an easy ride, but I think we're up for the challenge. We get on well and we worked together earlier this year when she was my student, so I think we will be fine.
I've given myself one more morning in school to do the finishing touches before we start on Monday. Having already received the agenda for Monday and Tuesday, looks like there's not going to be much time to breathe, so bring on my last weekend of freedom!
5 comments:
Have fun - looking forward to seeing all the new improvements back at school as well.
In the meantime...
I have nominated you for a wee meme - check my blog entitled 'Where were you when?'
I can't believe it's almost the start of a new term! Where have the last 6 weeks gone?
Three of them were spent together!
oh the joys of unpacking the classroom! Judith came to help me yesterday and we ended up moving filing cabinets, reading corner, my desk!!!!! ....think there's room for the children....29 this year!
I've got the pleasure of 32!
Realised yesterday I don't actually HAVE 32 chairs!
Post a Comment