Wednesday, 13 June 2007

How much is too much?! (girly blog)

So, went swim suit shopping. What a NIGHTMARE! So many options.



Bather?



Tankini?




Bikini?





And even once that's been decided.......If it's a bikini or tankini what style top should I get?










What about the bottoms?










Maybe the question should be 'how little is too little?!'
It's a world that I simply don't understand...ARGH!!

7 comments:

Ros said...

arrggghh -

completely agree d.w.

I think the majority of females have the same problem.

hmm.. you'd think with all the choice available - bathers shopping would become easier but no!

glad you made a decision in the end.. I'm putting off that shopping expedition for as long as possible :)

Anonymous said...

ooo i was revising for my media exam yesterday and that very sentence is part of a major media theory... "you'd think with all the choice available..." but do we really have a choice?? or are the choices we think we have just superficial in the grand scheme of things??? are we given things and just have to live with them because we get to make the smallest of choices that we think are huge and really important??

please dont miss interpret me i am in no way saying this desition is not important, because i think it is, if you dont look good in water then whats the point, but when i read that sentence in your comment i had to blog mind of knowledge ready for my exam on monday!haha!!

hope the weekend goes well.

Dawn said...

Sarah? Sarah? Is that really you?!

Anonymous said...

hehe i know whats happening to me!!!
no wonder my word for the week is 'change'!!!

Ros said...

nah I agree with you Sarah - in the grand scheme of things - the topic of bathers (clothing choice) is superficial but I was merely responding to the lighthearted topic.

In terms of your quote - definitely agree that sometimes there may seem to be more options available to people (on any given topic) but the fact that there are greater or less options still results in a person 'succumbing' to one option.

Reminds me of (this is off on a random tangent!) a paper I did at uni about mobile phones.

People expect intstant gratification from others now a days.

You can't text or call a mobile without 'needing' a reply. If that txt or call goes unanswered for such amount of time, it's panic stations!

This generation being born will never know a life without internet/mobiles etc and their future careers have not even been invented yet!

Madness!

Ok well if you've managed to keep reading - well done :)

I don't even know you Sarah but I like that your comment evoked me to write that ...

Sorry dawnie - it's your blog!! xx

Ann said...

Will we get to see the choice? For me as much cover up as possible is essential !

Dawn said...

Oh, Ann, Hmmmm! Maybe I'll have take those photos out before you see my holiday snaps!