Tuesday, 12 June 2007

God(ly play) is at work in us.

Godly Play. Great idea. Little scary. Props, thoughts, feelings. That's pretty much Godly play explained.

Used it today to tell my final 'faith story' for Christianity in RE, David and Goliath....and it was BRILLIANT!

Meant to be done in small groups....I did it wth 29. But the children responded SO well, now know the story but had the opportunity to think while they listened.

Bring on KAO and Zaccheus!

2 comments:

Liz said...

Yeay! Loving that the SA is resourcing you in school - woo hoo!

Ann said...

I recently heard the story of Abraham in Godly Play style - I was so moved! Got totally engrossed in story, generated loads of emotions in me. Fab method of story telling. would love to use it in a meeting one day with close circuit TV on the props and hands. Wonder how that would go?
Thinking of you this weekend...hope you have a great time.