Saturday, 17 February 2007

How do you eat yours?

Ok, so I've heard and answered the above question with regards to a cardbury's cream egg...but never to a banana.

Me:

banana completely peeled.
held horizontally.
biten.

Apparently fully peeling a banana before eating is wrong - it should be half peeled, half eaten, then the process repeated until the said banana is finished.

Secondly, it should be held vertically, head bent down, then biten.

I can honestly say, I didn't think people took that much notice of how I eat!

6 comments:

Liz said...

Apparently, the most authentic way of eating a banana is to hold it horizontally, open it in the middle and eat it out of the skin. This is the way the monkeys do it and I learned this watching a tv prog. that, amongst other things, looked at the job of people who impersonate monkeys in films! It does, apparently, taste much better that way too.

In my opinion, the best way to eat a banana is, stuffed full of choc buttons, hot off the barbie, with a lashing of ice cream!!

Unknown said...

Hi. I've noticed that most people in the UK peel the skin from the stalk. Brighter people in other parts of the world peel the banana from the 'blunt' end so that the stalk acts as a handle. Much more sensible!
Ced (Rachel's Dad - using her identity - can't face creating my own and admitting that I reply to blogs!)

Anonymous said...

has rachel got a blog?? ifso whats the link?? i clicked n the blueness of the name but it wont take me anywhere!!

sorry dawn if you got excited that you had another comment on your blog because my comment is nothing to do with your blog!!

good blog tho!

sarah x

Anonymous said...

I never eat the very bottom bit of the banana. I do the normal, 'peeling it halfway' thing you spoke about, but will leave the bottom inch or so of the banana. Why? I don't knw. Habbit most likely!

Liz said...

K, that's funny, cos even when I drink a cup of tea made with a tea bag, I still leave about half an inch ( hello, metric, where are you?)in the bottom, harking back to the days pre-teabag, when even if your mum or Grandma diligently used the tea strainer, you were still in danger of getting a mouthful of tea leaves!

Dawn said...

Oh, Liz, so you're a culprit are you? I hate it when you pick up a cup trusting that the person has actually 'drank' it (silly assumption!) and you get covered in dregs...ugrh!