With only a 20 minute delay setting off, I arrived in Aberdeen yesterday. Delayed because 5 people couldn't be bothered to get to the flight on time, therefore leaving an aeroplane full of people waiting to fly.
But who am I to complain?
20 minutes is nothing really, but it's the lack of consideration that's the issue, not the time!
I was 'fast tracked' through security. Did I look less of a threat? Why do they need a 'fast track' lane. A member of staff questioned me on approach,
"Have you any liquids in your hand luggage, Madam?"
Me: "No"
"Any make up"
"No"
"Hand cream"
"No"
"Any nail scissors"
"NO" !!! How infuriating, the website and numerous posters around the airport quite clearly state that you can not take anything remotely useful on a flight, hence I could answer NO to all her questions - they were all in my 'hold luggage'.
If the airline says NO why would I ignore it? Fast track it was.
I took off my shoes and coat, boarding pass between my teeth and bleeped! Was 'frisked' (oo-er) and left to bounce around security trying to get my boots back on.
Why do we do that? it would have been so much easier for me to bend over and rest my foot on the floor to fasten the zip, but instead I chose to hop, half bent over, around the conveyor belt, trying not to fall over. Everyone does it!! It's crazy, yet fascinating to watch!
I found Starbucks - my usual haunt at Gatwick and with my tall latte and very large piece of 'chocolate decadence cake' found a good spot to read my mag and watch the planes fly in and out.
But get this - latte, eat in / take away, same price. Chocolate decadence cake, eat in - £2.50 / take away £2.00.
What's that all about?
So as any normal human being would do, I told her 'take away' and ate in! Why is it cheaper to eat it out? I got it in a very swish cake box with a plastic spoon, which would surely justify more money than a simple plate that can be washed?
Who knows. Saved myself 50p (I'm not that stingy...really!) and would highly recommend the cake!
3 comments:
OH, that's the thin end of the wedge if you ask me. I'll bet ( but I don't ) that you had hand cream in you hand luggage too and fibbed about that as well.
Really enjoyed the bit about bouncing around security - laughed out loud :)
Honestly?
I'd taken my hand cream out of my bag at home and put it in my hold luggage so that it wouldn't be confiscated!
Hey Dawn!
I'm in Kenya at the moment and did exactly the same hopping thing in heathrow airport! We're all so silly!
And a bit of boring information, the extra charge eat in fee is tax for sitting in the property - dont really understand why but i worked in mcdonalds for a while and they do the same thing there!
xxx
Post a Comment