About a month ago, I blogged the news from the local newspaper, reporting the move from the Corps previous home to the new one. I was hugely disappointed to miss the closing meeting, particularly as my Grandad, as Number 1 on the Corp membership roll, was asked to lock the hall door for the very last time.
I'd heard lots of reports from my parents about the new building and seen pictures. They are very positive, not only from a practical level, but it seems that the attitude of the people at the Corps has grown more postive alongside.
This weekend, I am travelling home again to share in the official opening of the new hall.
It won't be anything as 'big' as the re-opening of the hall at Romford, that I recently experienced. And almost because of that, it's hard to know what to expect, but it is exciting. It's exciting that the small congregation who have faithfully followed for many, many years and who have prayed for as many years are beginning to see their Corps move forward and grow. It's exciting to see the way that God has and is working amongst the people there. It is exciting to recall the years that the people of Eston Corps discipled me and how it has shaped my life and faith.
More than anything, it's exciting that God is still at work at the Salvation Army in Eston.
10 comments:
"It won't be anything as 'big' as the re-opening of the hall at Romford, that I recently experienced."
Is Patch going?
He should - Watson, you should buy a version of Patch and go everywhere as him. That would be soooo funny - go on, do it!
I happen to know that the COs at Eston have hired Patch as it happens !
YOU ARE JOKING....aren't you, Liz?????????
Just to confirm - YES I AM!
Liz, you cave in far too easily!
No really, in amongst the text messages sent after her comment - you don't know how much I believed her.
Yeah, but you found out before you went "up north"!
Wasn't I supposed to?!
You would have wondered all the way up there. But that's my sadistic streak coming out in me I suppose :-)
Liz is way nicer than me!!
Post a Comment