This evening I have been packing some books in a box to take home, tomorrow. It's kind of sorting out and kind of making my actual moving day out of here as easy as possible (bearing in mind, I still may not have anywhere to live in the short term, so the less to store the better!)
I came across a sudoku book which I took to Holland for my Easter holiday 2008. I remembered why it was hiding at the back of my shelf as soon as I saw it.
I turned to the relevant page straight away and read back the brainstorm I had made, all those months ago.
I recalled the feelings and thoughts that prompted the thought-shower and the resulting conversations I had. You know, the kind of conversations you can't have with just anyone, the ones where they're relieved that you have actually come to terms with / verbalised / acknowledged the 'stuff' that they've known all along!
As I read through each point, I smiled at the realisation that a lot of it doesn't matter anymore. I could never have imagined in those moments that, a matter of months later, I would be walking on water and addressing the very notion that was scaring me (but I was too scared to admit!)
Each day is bringing a new conversation about the dawning days and with lashings of grace and peace (which does make me cross, at times!) I'm glad that I stopped lying to everyone else, finally admitted the truth and took action. But maybe that was what I was meant to do. God has funny ways of working.
No comments:
Post a Comment