It was one of those snowfalls you'll never forget. Millions of white snowflakes filled the air.
The boy stood by the door. A stranger to snow. His eyes were blank. Unaware. His body clueless.
The moment arrived. He stepped outside.
Wonder filled the air.
Monday, 15 September 2008
Thoughts waiting to be blogged
Are we too busy praying for the 'outside world' that we sometimes deny ourselves of prayer?
On Monday at our house group, we were listed people to pray for in our church community and the wider world. I think that's important, (don't get me wrong) but the discussion of the day was honesty towards each other (i.e. no masks), which led on to the need of supporting each other. This is slightly selfish as I am thinking partly of me, but there were others in the group who needed specific prayer too, yet this wasn't touched upon. It just seemed slightly odd.
Ok - I understand your statement now. Yes, you are quite right - prayer requires balance. Praying for the person sitting next me might requires action on my part and, maybe just maybe!! that is just tooooo near to home! does that make sense?
can I give you an example? when we lived in Bangladesh & Ghana we would receive loads of letters and I mean LOADS from people I did/did not know assuring us of their prayers and we appreciated that no end BUT once back in the UK those letters dried up and other than an occasional one from DHQ or close friend - no-one writes to say that they are praying for my ministry here in Barking and yet, at times,I probably need the prayers more. ps. I'm not gripping just giving an illustration.
Thought for the day.. on the subject of 'honesty' - years ago there used to be a soppy programmed called 'Touch by an angel' and I have these lines written on a scrap of paper in my Bible that one of the 'angels' spoke to someone..
You can tell a lie You can live a lie But you can't pray a lie
Ok that's enough from me - I leave you in peace now!! lol
6 comments:
YES!
firstly I would ask 'what is the outside world?'
On Monday at our house group, we were listed people to pray for in our church community and the wider world. I think that's important, (don't get me wrong) but the discussion of the day was honesty towards each other (i.e. no masks), which led on to the need of supporting each other. This is slightly selfish as I am thinking partly of me, but there were others in the group who needed specific prayer too, yet this wasn't touched upon. It just seemed slightly odd.
Ok - I understand your statement now. Yes, you are quite right - prayer requires balance. Praying for the person sitting next me might requires action on my part and, maybe just maybe!! that is just tooooo near to home! does that make sense?
can I give you an example? when we lived in Bangladesh & Ghana we would receive loads of letters and I mean LOADS from people I did/did not know assuring us of their prayers and we appreciated that no end BUT once back in the UK those letters dried up and other than an occasional one from DHQ or close friend - no-one writes to say that they are praying for my ministry here in Barking and yet, at times,I probably need the prayers more.
ps. I'm not gripping just giving an illustration.
Thought for the day..
on the subject of 'honesty' - years ago there used to be a soppy programmed called 'Touch by an angel' and I have these lines written on a scrap of paper in my Bible that one of the 'angels' spoke to someone..
You can tell a lie
You can live a lie
But you can't pray a lie
Ok that's enough from me - I leave you in peace now!! lol
No I was wrong I haven't finished - forgot to give you the Bible verse..Psalm 51:6
Surely you desire truth in the inner parts; you teach me wisdom in the inmost place.
Ok I am going now...
Post a Comment