
It's been a while now since Christmas, but when I came back I was unable to find my brown shoes, just when I needed them.
Not sch a big deal, surely they couldn't be far; there's not that many hiding places in my house. But no. Searching, to no avail.
Mum and Dad were on the case, Nic was (so I was told!) on the case, but I was convinced that they were nowhere in their homes and, quite rightly, they couldn't find them.
This searching and inability to find was beginnign to take over my life. Ok. So I have other footwear - flat brown boots, flat and high black boots, 'army' shoes, trainers, but shoes? No. The onyl pair I have. Missing.
I had just about given up hope and had peroused a couple of shoes anticipating the begingin of a new-shoe-hunt, when, Saturday dawned, I went to the shed, that's right, the shed, to get my walking boots and what should I find when I open the boot-bag? Yes, walking boots.......but also a shiny (or not so shiny) pair of brown shoes.
I now quite clearly rememver putting them in there when I was at home, to conserve space in my suitcase.....but why, despite the racking of brains and taking over of my life, didn't I remember?
Reunited. What a happy sole I am.
1 comment:
You could have rang and told us! We carry out a daily search for the missing shoes!
Glad you and the brown shoes are reunited!
Post a Comment