Friday, 22 February 2008

Working towards a PhD in complaining.


Frescatos were the order of the day for Sarah and I as we sat in Costa, catching up in Wetherby on Thursday. The ditsy waitress, who'd taken our order, carried a loaded tray of empties through the staffroom door, by which we were sitting.


One unfortunate little Costa cup balancing on the edge, fell off as she manouvered herself through the door. The shattered pieces flew everywhere including on to our table.


Now the likelihood of any bits jumping into our Frescato cups, through the inch wide straw hole on the top, was pretty slim, but definitely not impossible.


I had paid for a whole frescato and having only drank two thirds of it, we had a problem!


I very politely (I promise!) approached the manager and a few minutes later we were sitting, Sarah feeling a little embarassed, with fresh, new Frescatos sitting in front of us.


Ummm!

2 comments:

Liz said...

Very assertive!

Anonymous said...

brilliant! im so guna pop in2 costa on thursday to see if shes survived a week and not been sacked!!! was really good to catch up, thanks m8, and for the 2 drinks lol
sarah x