For the first time ever, this week, I really didn't want to go to work.
The children have really been hard work and at a couple of particularly low points I honestly thought "what is the point?"
Some children do their best to disturb everything, and despite the appearing of being calm, collected and unaffected, they really get under your skin.
Some parents do their best to disturb the peace and again, despite my appearence of being calm, collected and unaffected, they too, get under my skin.
This week it was a lost coat and the wrong trousers, in the same day, for the same child. No, it's not a conspiracy against your precious child - take the hint, look at the clues, two things, both to him...IT'S HIS FAULT!!!
Maybe, though, my life would be a little more exciting if I went around putting the children's coats in the wrong lockers and swapping their trousers around during PE time...and then denying it. What fun I could have!
I've got one child, who, for the first time, since September, has done a full week. It's tipped the balance of the class, the dynamics have compltetly chanegd, but at least he's in school. I shouldn't really complain. He can't read. He can't write. We are just about getting to grips with the fact that he has to do what he's told in school - there are rules and he will respect them (whether he likes it, or not!)
However, one teacher popped into the supermarket on the way home from school and guess who should be there, smashing a hole in each egg, one egg at time? Yes, my wonderful child and an equally guilty accomplice. What hope have I / we got? Sometimes I do wonder.
2 comments:
Is it a dangerous wonder?
Yaey I'm back:)
at the moment, all the wonders i'm having are dangerous. good to have you back x
Post a Comment