There were occasions over the weekend when phrases, words, bible verses stood out as being particularly relevant to me. House group was another such place. It was as though Brian was reading from my blog, or even responding to it.
My bible readings at home this week have also been helpful in reminding me of the God-Centred life I should be leading.
The reading that struck a particular chord is in Matthew 6:
30-33"If God gives such attention to the appearance of wildflowers—most of which are never even seen—don't you think he'll attend to you, take pride in you, do his best for you?
What I'm trying to do here is to get you to relax, to not be so preoccupied with getting, so you can respond to God's giving.
People who don't know God and the way he works fuss over these things, but you know both God and how he works. Steep your life in God-reality, God-initiative, God-provisions. Don't worry about missing out. You'll find all your everyday human concerns will be met.
34"Give your entire attention to what God is doing right now, and don't get worked up about what may or may not happen tomorrow. God will help you deal with whatever hard things come up when the time comes.
Just the Guidance I need.
I've started my 'specific prayer' challenge, and boy, what a challenge it is. One day out of five I've managed to do this without too much effort. Though, why is it, that even though God knows us intimately, what we are thinking, we're still embarrassed to pray and ask for the things he already knows we want???!!!
2 comments:
Hmm, how to respond to that?!?! Does "!" cover it?
I know - there was a whole paradox thing going on this weekend for me. We teach kids that they accept Jesus 'into their heart', so how much closer could he be and yet we still struggle to get close to God.
God knows us inside out, and yet we still have to put ourselves out there to communicate with him, daring him to consider what we feel to be, in the whole agenda of the universe, an irrational request.
We MUST have some proper time out soon X
Post a Comment