
Well, after some rather speedy decisions and a lot of praying, my sister, brother in law and nephew are currently travelling down the country to start their new life.
It has all happened rather quickly, it doesn't seem long since Nic mentioned it as an idea, presented it to Mum and Dad, then Alan applied for and got a job, all the while, questioning 'Are we doing the right thing?'!
To imagine Nic, Alan and Samuel, living in such close proximity to Mum and Dad is, well, a little odd to say the least. The same time I moved down here, what seems like many moons ago, Nic and Alan got married and move to Aberdeen. We've both always been away...and that's been fine. But now.....
Jealousy? Maybe a little. Though I'm doing God's stuff here (apparently) there is something inside which makes me think 'What if...??'
Mum and Dad are going to love having Nic and Al around, and Samuel...well, what can I say?!
I just pray God's blessing over them, that just like they settled in Aberdeen, they will settle into Teeside just as well and that Nic will find a spiritual home, soon.
I can't wait to share together at Mum and Dad's next week for Samuel's dedication. I thank God for my amazing family, who despite the miles, are as close today as they ever were.
1 comment:
Enjoy your time with your family next week.
It's good that the distance hasn't affected your relationship with your family. Although I'm sure you'd love to see them more often you still talk to them regularly and know they are thinking of you all the time, as you are them.
My sister only lives a few miles away by comparison but I hardly have any contact with her, and none at all with my brother who has lived near and far (but made no difference). I take full responsibility for this lack of contact/freindship with them.
Goodness me, I didn't expect to go there with this.
Enjoy!
Post a Comment