Dropped Sarah and her Nan off at Chelmsford station at 8am today (they were going to the Chelsea Flower Show) then began my journey home. Stopped off for a McDs latte/hash brown - it was 10.29 and they said it was too late.
Shocking!
No traffic jams, so was home by 12.15, just as M&D were making lunch - my timing is impecable!
Went into Redcar to visit a health shop for Mum, then went to Grandads.
Nic and Alan arrived at Grandad's at the same time as us, so I was there when he met his newest Great Grandson (he's had a new Great Granddaughter since then!) What a beautiful moment.
Tonight was just family time. I say just. It was nice! And of course marking SATs papers. Only 5 more papers, then they're all done.
I'm on Baby Monitor Duty now. Nic and Al are out. So I'm left listening to, well, silence . Is that possible? Can you listen to silence?
Tomorrow will be an interesting day at the Army. Lots of cooing over....no, not me, Samuel! Can honestly say, though, I am definitely mourning missing the morning meeting at Romford (how many 'M' words can you get in one sentence?!) The songsters are singing two totally different types of songs which I would love to be there to sing. Plus, God-stuff is so tangible at the corps at the mo, I really don't want to miss out!
3 comments:
ahh - what a lovely blog dawnie!! :)
I was thinking about you last night and the big 'reunion'!!
glad you are home safely and are getting to spend some quality time with the family
R.E.L.A.X and just soak up the Watson atmosphere
Take it easy Auntie D.W. xx
Dawn we missed you too. The worship band were on, and I hate not having you standing next to me when we sing! It was a really good meeting. I wish I knew what 'it' was, but whatever 'it' is that is happeneing at Romford, 'it' hasn't stopped.
And 'it' will, (I pray), still be happening when you get back!
Thanks Kirsty. Gutted I missed today. Mail me and tell me more!
Post a Comment