Sunday, 4 March 2007

Need to rant

Here I am, simply, a faithful servant to God, who is fully committed to worshipping and giving over time to him.

As part of that commitment to God, I choose to be a committed member of a church.

I am only human, and so have opinions about what happens within that church, sometimes even when it's nothing to do with me, but the majority of the time, those opinions are kept to myself, unless it is important to share them with the right people.

Today, the members of the church where asked their opinion and thoughts about the church's change in routine when we move out of our building for refurbishment.

So what gives people, who have not been to our church for a year or more, to turn up today and say what they think 'we' should do?

I'm normally a pretty accepting person, but I hate it when people feel they have a right...when they don't.

4 comments:

Liz said...

Oh dear. I guess it's like a prize giving - everyone comes out of the woodwork.As long as the people who normally are there stayed to have their say though. That would have made me crosser, if people didn't take the opportunity and then say something like - well it's not my suggestion, so I won't come back!

Times of change sometimes means change of times!!

Anonymous said...

I have to say I get really frustrated at times about how easy people find it to complain, - Dawn like you said, people coming to the army that morning to 'have their say' but not coming the rest of the time, and also what bugs me is that even when you do give people an opportunity to have a say, and to give an opinion, they still manage to find a way for that to be a bad thing and find something to moan about. I know no solution to what we do is ever going to be perfect for everyone, but it seems so sad that the people who are doing their best to do the best thing for the church always get it in the neck. Know what I mean?

Liz said...

Oh yeah!! Misrepresented and misunderstood, that's leadership for you. They don't teach you to have thick skin at any training course I've ever been on either - perhaps I should write one!!

Anonymous said...

Yeah you should!!! That must be such a massive part of leadership. Don't know how you do it! But good on you for doing it anyway!

xxx