
Samuel Gordon Tapster.
9th March 2007
12.04 am
7lb 4oz
12.04 am
7lb 4oz
So Samuel decided to join us 9 days early.....well, that's fine (!), but the slightly bizarre (?) series of events that led up to me finding out gives a kind of reposnse to Liz's blog. http://wwwmumblingsandmusings.blogspot.com/
I rang Nicola on Thursday evening. Forgetting she might have gone to songsters, I was caught 'on the hop' when nobody answered and the answer machine kicked in. The message I left is as follows:
"Oh, hi, it's only me, erm, you're either at songsters or having a baby. If the first one, give me a call when you get in, if not don't worry! I'll speak to you soon. Bye"
(Afterwards, I just thought they would find the message really funny....little was I to know!)
It's was very out of character that Nicola didn't ring or even text just to acknowledge the message, but I didn't lose sleep!
I woke up thinking I must go and check my phone, but once the getting ready routine was started, it was forgotten - time took over.
On the way to school (about 7.20 to be precise!) I remembered that I hadn't checked my phone. I tried to reach it, but driving....and knowing it's illegal (!), I couldn't get to it.
I arrived to school at 7.32am. I checked my phone. At 7.31 mum & dad had text:
"Aunty Dawn. It's a boy!"
Of course, I immediately rang home for the low down. Apparently, Alan had tried to call me at 7.20 (it was on silent)!
Some people at work have said it's coincidence that I stupidly made that comment last night on the answer machine.
Some people would say it is a coincidence that I remember about my phone at the very time Alan was calling.
Is it? Maybe I look for God in places where He isn't, but I don't think so. Am I 'looking at the same thing as everyone else and thinking something different' (from Liz's blog)?
Regardless......God - thank you for Samuel.
No comments:
Post a Comment