Sunday, 22 February 2009

How do I know if I am right?

I'd only been home about 15 minutes tonight, before I was challenged with this question:
"So why are you buying property down here?"
It's a question, that at the moment, I can't really answer and don't want to answer, yet is something that is taking over a large proportion of my life. I tried to explain that all there is for me at home is my family, which sounds funny because in 'ordinary' terms, that is a big enough reason to drop everything and go and yet, here I am in very 'unordinary' times, challenging the very decision that is shaping my life.
I recently put the wheels in motion to buy a flat which was a huge 'stepping out of the boat' moment for me. I really believed that and have recently shared with my house group the confirmation I believe that I received about this process, which is an amazing story.
Yet, now.....a matter of months later, after being so confident of being in God's plan, even though the future was uncertain (and scary), I find myself in another uncertain and scary place and cannot work out why I am so far away.
What if I was wrong and have jumped out of the boat the wrong side?
What if I am wasting precious moments 260miles away?
What if, what I believe to be the voice of God, isn't?
How am I supposed to know?

6 comments:

Jude said...

it's that made thing of having faith in your God not letting you make mad choices/ decisions!

Liz said...

Romans 12:2
'Do not conform any longer to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God's will is—his good, pleasing and perfect will.'

You have made a stand based on your faith, the outcomes of which are being worked out in front of your very eyes and you have come to the attention of 'someone' who will do anything to make sure you don't move forwards, will do anything to make you doubt God's voice - it's lie Dawn! I think you are in a battle, but you need fight like you have already won, because through Jesus, YOU HAVE.
...and you are not on your own - there's a whole congregation rooting for you! :)

Jenny said...

The Foxes are rooting! or are we homing pigeons?! Confusing myself now! but do believe you are following God's plan for your life.There is so much going right...scarey but right...He will look after you....This doesn't mean everything will be perfect..we never stand still or think we have arrived.
Romford loves Dawn YAY!!

Liz said...

Had a clues lately?

Dawn said...

Okay, Missy, so your waiting for me to blog, I know.

Still in a state of confusion and disbelief at the last couple of weeks.

When I have some words, I'll blog it!

Liz said...

See blog on 'Life Restore' mmmmm prophetic!