
It has been said on more than a couple of occasions that I have a few characteristic es of Elizabeth from the series Keeping up Appearances, not least because I live with a 'Hyacinth Bouquet' !!!
I live in denial and strive to be more 'unElizabethlike' each day.
However, while reading 'The Worst Witch' to my children yesterday, it seems that Mildred Hubble is in fact, an 'Elizabeth' too. Apparently, trouble follows her and things just seem to 'happen' when she is around. I obviously felt led to share the 'butter dish' story with my children (though resisted the bird poo story!) and it got me to thinking......maybe I am her after all!
Eating dinner with my very own 'Hyacinth' yesterday evening, my fear was confirmed......fajita on plate, chicken/peppers/etc on spoon having reached to the bowl.......the chicken landed in my full cup of tea.
Whatever next?!
2 comments:
You know, that might be why I'm like I am, because my real name is Elizabeth! Woah...to think that your destiny can be mapped out by the name you are given...truely cosmic and mystical man ( said in the style of Neil, from the Young Ones - ironically you are probably too young to know what I'm chanting on about!)
Looking at Manga New Testaments as an idea for some prizes - they are more than £5, but do you think it's time to put the amount up?
Well, if we take into account inflation! This is a mailling job, rather than Blog! Will mail x
Post a Comment