Tuesday, 24 April 2007

Staffroom Gossip

1. I've just had the most amazing conversation with a colleague in the staffroom about my faith and the difference it makes to my life - WOW!

2. The following pictures show sports personalities who are coming to school on Friday to film for Newsround and Blue Peter.
One point for their name.
Two points for their name and sport.
Bonus if you can say what year they won an olympic medal.





Your time starts........

12 comments:

Fiona said...

Yes Miss I can!!!

1. Daley Thompson, Decathlon, won consecutive gold medals in 1980 and 1984 Olympics

2. Dame Mary Peters, Pentathlete won gold in 1972 olympics

3. Lawrence Dallaglio - Rugby. Never won an olympic medal but won inaugural World Cup Sevens with England in 1993

4. Duncan Goodhew, Swimming, won gold and bronze olympics medals in 1980.

Graeme said...

D'oh, beat me to it!!!

Anyway, if you move your cursor over the photo it show's the names anyway!!!

So does that mean Miss Watson will be appearing on TV then???!!! And will you get a Blue Peter badge!!!!

Dawn said...

I know, that was the plan Graeme! I did delete the wqhole name from the 'saved named' though, so it wasn't completely obvious.

Have asked about the badge - the Head just rolled her eyes!

Fiona said...

Excuse me Miss, but as I answered all the questions and with supplementary information, don't I get the Blue Peter Badge!?!?!

Graeme said...

Sell it on Ebay!!

Liz said...

Fiona, did you look this stuff up on the net or did you really just happen to know it?

Don't give me that 'look' either.

I knew the names btw, for what it's worth.

Liz said...

Just thought - your competition has totally side lined us from the really important fact that you were able to witness in the staffroom, the place commonly used for blood leltting and blame.

Good job!

Anonymous said...

Yeah! Good job.

I knew none of them by the way!

Dawn said...

Non? Kirsty where have you been all your life??!!

Even I knew Duncan Goodhuw and Daley Thompson!

Fiona said...

I knew all the people and their sports, but I didn't know when they won, what they won! I googled them all and found them all on Wikipedia!!! You see, I have no life - hence the time to google!!!

Dawn said...

We looked at Wikipedia in class this morning. I managed to scroll down quickly over Lorenzo Bruno Nero Dallaglio's (his real name, you know?!) drug problem!

Did you know his Dad was an italian ice cream salesman?!

Want a useful fact? See Dawn!

Graeme said...

"Want a useful fact? See Dawn!"

Hmmmmm, the evidence is suggestion otherwise!!