Saturday, 7 April 2007

Samuel's 1st blog!

Well, the Mum's elsewhere, the Dad's gardening and so Aunty DW (as I am becoming known to people to whom I am not an Aunty!) is left holding the baby - literally. He's not happy in his doomoo (very funky baby bean bag bought by his funky Aunty Dawn) he just wants a bit of loving, so with babe in arms, I'm teaching him his first important lesson in life - blogging (he's ready this as I write...sersiouly...he's one clever boy!)

There have been quite a few blogable incidents over the past few hours - non less than I SLEPT ALL NIGHT LAST NIGHT! Yep, Samuel woke for feeding, screamed, and I slept through it, wonderful!

But there are two things that really stand out:

1) Why, when a drummer only has a snare drum to play does he play it with the same might with which he would play a full drum kit....and what is that 'drum-rolling into the final verse' all about. As Liz commented on her blog, Good Friday is not the time for finding 'funnies' in the meeting, but come on, who can keep a straight face during that, particularly when it's 'The Servant King' not exactly ultra modern, but certainly not drum roll material!

2) Am I in the only family in the world that uses "our" before the names of people in my family. Yesterday my sister (or is that "Our Nicola"?!) and I were asked "How is Our Mam?" The person was of course referring to Our Mam - My mum, not her mum! Confusing, I know. Nic informs me this person (her officers) always refer to people in Nic's family like that - basically taking the mic, but is it really that unusual?

Interestingly enough, it hasn't spanned to Our Samuel, yet, that just doesn't sound right. It's never used for Grandad (don't know why) and can only be used for Mam, not Mum. It also never works when the person already has a title, e.g. Aunty Jenn - would never have Our, neither would Uncle Dave.

Weird huh?!

Anyway, Samuel is still reading the blog, think I should go and do something more baby like with him....his Mum'll get cross. Plus he keeps pushing the keyboard away with his foot...clever boy!

2 comments:

Liz said...

D, the 'our' really is a Northern thing, my grandma used to do it all the time ( fully fledged Geordie!)

With Southern folks, or it might possibly be Suffolk people, the word 'young' is inserted - did you see young Ollie with that cross on Good Friday. Or more likely - did you see young Phil, er Tom er Ollie...etc

Hey - Samuel! :)

Anonymous said...

Young? I would never use that! Aah, bless Samuel. Glad he is being introduced to blogdom at an early age!

xxx