It's almost a year since Clare died. I can honestly say that there is not a day that has gone by that I haven't thought about her. It may have been an item of clothing that she liked or had commented on, a piece of jewellery she bought me, a song, film or TV program that she liked or we'd experience together.
I think of her parents and sister, Sarah, the holiday they were experiencing this time last year with no clues of what their return home would bring and the friends and family who are living each day, getting used to the fact that she's just not their anymore.
I plan to write to her parents, just to let them know that I haven't forgotten Clare, or forgotten them. I need time to think properly about what to write. At the moment, nothing sounds quite 'right'.
I can remember vividly, from the moment we were told about her being in hospital, to the moment it ended. The moments sitting with her parents ring in my ears as they shared with us the precious final moments the day before her funeral.
It's hard to grasp all the events that have happened since then and I thank God that Clare's lives on in the memory of all the people who loved her and who were privilidge to call her their friend.
1 comment:
Strange how I read this on a day when the guy I sit opposite now has just yesterday 'celebrated' he 1st anniversary of his daughters death. He still finds it very hard, and so will you. Write that letter, it will mean alot to Clare's parents I'm sure.
Post a Comment