Tuesday, 27 November 2007

How do I find out?

Who am I?

Who am I?

Who am I?

What do I think?
What do I feel?

Why do I do?
Why do I don't ?

Why can I be?
Why can I not?

Who decides when?
Who decides not?

Who really is me?

7 comments:

Keith said...

A lot of questions there matey.

Did you read this somewhere, or just wake up wondering?

A number of possible answers (you, God, a Psyciatrist) or there's actually no answer - who knows?

Please let me know when you find out though.

Dawn said...

Went to sleep wondering!

Anonymous said...

You are Dawn. You are a beautiful child of God. xxx

Dawn said...

But that doesn't account for what I think or feel.

How do I know what my opinions are? Those I have, are they just ingrained from my upbringing, or are they what I really think?

Liz said...

Hmmm, the great nature/ nurtue debate.
We are the sum of all our parts, past and present and I can speak for Christians, future, a hope assured. I know that doesn't help where you are at the mo, but maybe it's a place to rest on the way to the next level?
X

What you need is a personal mission statement ( I can see you rolling your eyes). There is a process, I have a folder and you can borrow it if you like!!!

Keith said...

You know me, and I'm not particularly good at deep thinking. So, does it matter? Does it matter where your opinions originate from, it's still what you think isn't it? And if you don't want to have those opinions, you have the freedom to have different ones.

We can spend a lifetime trying to find out who we are and what makes us tick, and by the time we've figured it out that lifetime has gone and we'll look back and say, what happened there, where did the time go, I had so much I wanted to do.

When it's foggy, we need to hang on to things and people we trust to help us until it's clear again.

Dawn said...

Thanks Keith. It really is that whole opinion thing that I'm not sure about.

I feel a little confused about where I stand on some issues at our Church...I do one thing becuase I think it's the right thing to do, even if I don't like it. And when asked why....I'm just not sure!