Friday, 13 July 2007

I really am S A D



I've have been particularly grumpy for the past couple of weeks now. I'm not a usually a grumpy person and don't tend to get 'depressed' as such, but at the moment I'm struggling to pull myself together....and I've come to the conclusion that I am S A D (Seasonal Affective Disorder).

Symptoms:

Sleep problems: Usually desire to oversleep and difficulty staying awake but, in some cases, disturbed sleep and early morning wakening
Lethargy: Feeling of fatigue and inability to carry out normal routine
Overeating: Craving for carbohydrates and sweet foods, usually resulting in weight gain
Depression: Feelings of misery, guilt and loss of self-esteem, sometimes hopelessness and despair, sometimes apathy and loss of feelings
Social problems: Irritability and desire to avoid social contact
Anxiety: Tension and inability to tolerate stress
Mood changes: In some sufferers, extremes of mood and short periods of hypomania

Yes. Yes. Yes. Yes. Yes. Yes. YES!

Whether it's down to 'end of term blues' or just simply lack of vitamin d, I really do need to snap out of it....and fast!

3 comments:

Liz said...

S.A.D, P.M.T, D.H.Q, B.A.D, T.S.A L.I.Z....?

Nah just joking!

Just think about your brill holiday coming up and you ARE going shopping on Saturday - seriously woo hoo :)

Dawn said...

Probably all of the above! Got the shakes today - it's really not good!

Shopping was a nightmare...and considering I'd put off helping a friend, it was pretty pants!

We heard on the traffic announcements about an accident on the M25 so avoided it, but then it took us over an 1hr to get out of lakeside 'cos the accident was pretty big and they'd closed the M25. the very long list is now not much shorter! (but you're right, I did buy some nice things!)

Anonymous said...

Love you Dawney!